The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks, your destination for Bead Fest Philadelphia, is located approximately 30 miles northwest of the Philadelphia International Airport. Traveling back and forth from Bead Fest Philadelphia to downtown Philadelphia every day of your jewelry-making weekend may seem like a lot, so here are a few suggestions of activities right around the event’s venue. Disclaimer: These suggestions and activities are not endorsed by or in partnership with Bead Fest.
In Phoenixville, PA:
- The Art Gallery at Franklin Commons: A unique gallery featuring permanent, site-specific installations, as well as traveling exhibits from local artisans. Learn more.
- Schuylkill River Trail: A 26.5-mile, multi-use path from Philadelphia to Phoenixville with a riverside views. Learn more.
- Artisans Gallery & Café: Purchase handmade pottery while being served delicious, handmade food, including the “sconut". Learn More.
- Diving Cat Studio and Gallery: Explore the gallery which showcases works from more than 200 artists. Learn more.
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant: An award-winning brewery with an extensive menu and a number of full-flavored handcrafted beers. Learn more.
More Activities Close By:
- Elmwood Park Zoo
- Fox Leap Vineyards
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- Morris Arboretum
- Valley Forge Casino
- Spring Mountain Adventures
- Bryn Athyn Historic District
- Outdoor Sculpture Park at the Abington Art Center
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- American Helicopter Museum and Education Center
If you do have time to explore Philadelphia (and this is such a cool city to visit during the summer!), here are some “must-dos” in the City of Brotherly Love (according to Visit Philly).